My Extra Credit series is rolling along with the second book, The Do-Over, previewing on NetGalley now and coming soon to Amazon Kindle. In it Matt and Annika go from enemies to lovers as they try to untangle their messy history and start over.... Add to your TBR on Goodreads.
In the meantime, Lani Ito, from The Partnership, is a voracious reader so as an extra treat, here's a list of some of her favorite books. Enjoy!
LANI’S READING LIST
- Zora Neale Hurston’s Their Eyes Were Watching God is an amazing coming of age story that meant a lot to Lani.
- Natalie Goldberg’s Writing Down the Bones offers great strategies for dealing with writer’s block.
- The Pocket Pena Chodron -- because Buddhist nuns know how to stay calm.
- Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre, where the pushover pushes back!
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby for the sheer beauty of the prose, and because the movie is gorgeous too.
- The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer is a classic romance with another irresistible cranky hero… (and it’s even on Kindle Unlimited!).
- To learn the craft of arts criticism you can’t do better than Pauline Kael, who makes it okay to have (and defend) a strong opinion.
- For ballet buffs and New Yorkers, George Balanchine and his New York City Ballet set a high bar(re!).
- Lani is right: Virginia Woolf’s A Room of One’s Own is a classic AND a short easy read.
- And finally, spoiler alert! By the end of the series Lani will make use of Molly Bloom’s famous last words in James Joyce’s Ulysses… wait and see!